Offres d'emploi par lieu
- Offres d'emploi - France 513
- Offres d'emploi - Allemagne 95
- Offres d'emploi - Pays-Bas 93
- Offres d'emploi - Australie 65
- Offres d'emploi - Singapour 40
- Offres d'emploi - Royaume-Uni 36
- Offres d'emploi - Canada 34
- Offres d'emploi - Italie 27
- Offres d'emploi - Espagne 24
- Offres d'emploi - Belgique 24
- Offres d'emploi - Roumanie 20
- Offres d'emploi - États-Unis 16
- Offres d'emploi - Autriche 13
- Offres d'emploi - Pologne 12
- Offres d'emploi - Mexique 11
- Offres d'emploi - Portugal 10
- Offres d'emploi - Hong Kong 8
- Offres d'emploi - Colombie 7
- Offres d'emploi - Thaïlande 5
- Offres d'emploi - Philippines 5
- Offres d'emploi - Chine 5
- Offres d'emploi - Suisse 5
- Offres d'emploi - Norvège 3
- Offres d'emploi - Inde 2
- Offres d'emploi - Japon 2
- Offres d'emploi - Danemark 2
- Offres d'emploi - Brésil 2
- Offres d'emploi - Égypte 1
- Offres d'emploi - Finlande 1
- Offres d'emploi - Vietnam 1
- Offres d'emploi - Taïwan 1
- Offres d'emploi - Suède 1
- Offres d'emploi - République tchèque 1
Offres d'emploi par fonction
- Offres d'emploi Achats 13
- Offres d'emploi Communication 3
- Offres d'emploi Finance 35
- Offres d'emploi Immobilier, HSE, Sureté et Sécurité de l'Information, Assistanat et Médico-Social 50
- Offres d'emploi Industrie 107
- Offres d'emploi Juridique & Contrats 12
- Offres d'emploi Management Général 1
- Offres d'emploi Management Offre & Projet 71
- Offres d'emploi Qualité & Satisfaction Client 14
- Offres d'emploi R&D : Ingénierie Systèmes & Etudes Générales 233
- Offres d'emploi R&D : Logiciel - IS/IT & Cybersécurité 302
- Offres d'emploi R&D : Matériel 99
- Offres d'emploi Ressources Humaines 10
- Offres d'emploi Service Client 87
- Offres d'emploi Stratégie, Marketing, Ventes 48
Full time, Contrat à Durée Indéterminée (CDI)
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Software Engineer – Maritime Mission Systems
About Thales MMS
Thales Maritime Mission Systems provide a unique opportunity for you to create software that delivers a state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International Navies. Our systems are developed for a wide range of significant defence projects, including the Astute class submarines, Merlin helicopters, Type 23 frigates and the Hunt class mine countermeasures vessel. As a Thales Maritime Mission Systems software engineer, you will develop the next-generation of Sonar technologies, for which we are world-renowned.
You will be a key member of the Software Development team based at the Thales site in Manchester, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with Thales sites in the UK and overseas.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Human Computer Interface, Acoustic processing and middleware products, using industry standard tools and methods.
About the Role
- Define our solution by working with Systems Engineering to develop requirements and a test strategy
- Develop our systems by working as a key member of a project team to deliver a high quality, robust software deliverable that meets customer requirements, on time and within budget
- Support our systems by working with customer support functions to ensure that currently deployed software products are maintained on both land and at sea
- Build our strategy by working with the software management function to ensure that skills, technology and ways of working are developed
You will be required to provide evidence of activity that supports the desire to pursue a career in Software Engineering at Thales.
- At least 5 years’ experience of C++ on large scale /real time systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of Software configuration control principles
- An ability to work as a key member of the team
- A desire to take responsibility for your professional development
Desirable requirements (in order of preference):
- Experience of UML modelling
- Experience of Signal Processing
- Experience of Linux and shell scripts
- Experience of Continuous Integration
- Experience of Requirements/Test management
- Experience of Java, C
- A knowledge of Software architectures
- Experience of Agile methodologies
You should have the ability to work well within a team and to obtain co-operation and lead change. You will be self-motivated, with the ability to see innovative solutions to problems and the enthusiasm to drive them to a successful conclusion.
You will have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when working on Thales projects. Therefore a willingness to undertake business travel is essential.
Thales UK touches all of our lives, every day. Our expertise in secure network communications safeguards as many as 3.7 billion BACS transactions, worth around £1 trillion, every year. We are a leader in onboard equipment for civil and military aircraft.
Thales UK: Defence
Thales UK provides armed forces with crucial military technology, including sophisticated Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Targeting Acquisition and Reconnaissance (C4ISTAR) systems. The aim: to provide a cohesive, rapid response capability to protect our service personnel and defend national interests.
What we offer you
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs.
We value talent and provide growth paths to all depending on the individual skills and abilities to move up the ladder.
With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
Thales UK Key Facts
- Each year, Thales registers more than 300 patents
- A prominent retailer commissioned Thales to develop a ‘heat-sensing people counter' for use in its 400 stores
- 90% of all UK credit card transactions are secured by Thales
- Over 120,000 Thales Chip & PIN terminals have been installed across Europe
- Thales UK has earned 79 Queen's Awards for Technology and Export
- 90% of our sales are sourced from the UK
- 7% of our revenue is reinvested in R & D
- Thales has invested more than £2bn in the UK within the last 10 years
- Thales is the second largest defence systems supplier
- Thales embodies many famous companies, including Racal, Shorts Missiles, Pilkington Optronics, Redifon MEL, Thomson Marconi Sonar, Thorn Missile Electronics, Avimo, Helio and others
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Retourner aux résultats